Austria Stubai 2003
We did the Stubai hut to hut tour in 2003
- DAY1: From Innsbruck to Pafnitz, then up to the Adolf Pichler Hütte (1977m)
- DAY2: on to Potsdamer Hütte (2020 m) via the Schafleger Kg. (2405)
- DAY3: to the Franz Senn Hütte (2149m) via the Wildkopf Sch. (2599) and lunch at the Seduck Hoch Hut;
- DAY4 Rest Day: climbed the Rinnenspitze (3000m). Airey ridge scramble with Via Ferrata.
- DAY5 Rest Day: climbed the Aperer Turm (2986m) – scramble with Via Ferrata.
- DAY6: to the Neue Regenssburger Hütte (2286m) via the Schrimmennieder (2714)
- DAY7: over Grabagrubennieder (2881) and a second high col, to the Dresdner Hütte (2308m)
- DAY8: Over Peiljoch (2672m), lunch at Sulzenau Hütte and over Neiderl (2629m) to the Nurnburger Hütte (2297m)
DAY9 Rest Day: Hired crampons and assended the Wilder Freiger (3418m) over small glacier
- DAY10: Over Simmingjochl (2754m) to the Bremer Hütte (2411m)
- DAY11: to the Innsbrucker Hütte (2369m) via Pramarn Sp (2511m) and numerous other ridges
- DAY12 Rest Day: Assended Habicht (3277m), a long hard exposed rocky scramble with via ferratta
- DAY13: a long descent to Neustift and a bus back to Innsbruck
Author: Phil Newby