May-bank 2010 Munro Bagging
Sorry no photos this time as we didn’t take the Camera
First May Bank
We went back-packing in the Cairngorms:
- We walked in to White Bridge (only 5-6km) with full packs on Friday afternoon and set up a base camp.
- We bagged An Sgarsoch(1006m) and Carn an Fhidhleir (994m) – 20 miles 1000m with light packs on Saturday – weather better than forecast.
- On the Sunday we then bagged: Beinn Bhrotain (1157m), Monadh Mor (1113m), Sgor an Lochain Uaine (1258m), Cairn Toul (1291m), The Devil’s Point (1004m) – another 20 miles 1800m with light packs on Sunday in good weather (using this route)
- Finally we broke camp and walked out on Monday morning (having eaten nearly 2kg of food each).
Second May Bank
- We returned to the Cairngorms to bag Beinn a’Bhuird (1197m) and Ben Avon (1171m)
- We then went to Kingussie and bagged Geal Charn (926m)
- Finally we knocked off Bynack More (1090m) on the way home again
Author: Phil Newby