Tour du Mont-Blanc (TMB) August 1999
The Tour du Mont-Blanc aka the TMB was our first Alpine trip, and as such we did it with Rambers Holidays. Its was great introductory into Alpine Hut to Hut trips for us.
- DAY 1: Col de Forclaz to Champex, via la Bovine
- DAY 2: to La Fouly – our first Leader was sick, so we lead this section for our group whilst a new leader was flown in!
- DAY 3: to Rifugio Elena (2061m)
- DAY 4: to Rifugio Bertone (2000m) and a total eclipse
- DAY 5: to Rifugio Elisabetta (2195m)
- DAY 6: to Refuge Croix du Bonhomme (2443m)
- DAY 7: A rest day: We did a ridge and a little 2800m Peak from the refuge
- DAY 8: to Refuge de Miage (1559m)
- DAY 9: to Les Houches
- DAY 10: to Refuge La Flégère (1807m), via la Brevant – (really crap food)
- DAY 11: to Chalet CAF du Tour (1466m)
- DAY 12: A rest day to Chamonix, so we went back up la Brevant
- DAY 13: Back to Col de Forclaz
Author: Phil Newby