Crianlairich February 2013
We took a week for winter Munro bagging at half-term in Crianlairich:
- On Day 1 we tried to get up Cruach Ardrain (1046m) but got blown off at 850m
- Day 2 was brilliant and we bagged Ben Vane (916m) after being turned away from Sgiath Chuil (921m) due to stalking.
- Day 3 we managed Stob Binnein (1165m) and Ben More (1174m) with very exciting total white our conditions on the tops.
- Day 4 & 5 were written off due to poor weather (which made for interesting driving conditions).
- Day 6 we finally bagged Beinn Tulaichean (946m) and Cruach Ardrain (1046m) from the south to reduce avalanche risk on a beautifully sunny winter’s day.
Author: Phil Newby