We’ve added some useful external links to the pages for each individual Mountain, Hill and/or Trigpoint:
- Wikipedia the article link for a hill if we have it (for approx 10% of Hills & Mountains (& also some trigpoints)
- GeoHack - a Wikipedia tool which provide links to various mapping services for the specified geographical coordinates of our Hills.
- OS Maps (Bing) – Detailed OS mapping for the location of our Hills, as provided by Big Maps
- Google Map – Detailed overhead photography, with local bicycle tracks and a Wikipeadia overlay provided by Google maps.
- Geograph Photos – geographically representative photographs and information for every square kilometre of the UK
- hill-bagging.co.uk – a link to the same hill on www.hill-bagging.co.uk
- Trigpointing UK – a link to the same trigpoint on www.trigpointinguk.com
See this example page…
Hope this is useful and do feel free to suggest other services…