Cairngorms from Kingussie February 2015
We spent February Half-term at Kingussie and did some hill bagging around the Cairngorm area.
- Geal-charn (917m) & A’Mharconaich (975m) from Balsporan in a 60mph gale.
- Stob a’Choire Mheadhoin (1105m) & Stob Coire Easain (1115m)
- A rest day where we walked to a small trigpoint, and popped in to Coire an t-Sneachda to have a look at the conditions.
- A Corbett: The Sow of Atholl (Meall an Dobharchain) (803m) in really foul weather!
- Back to Coire an t-Sneachda to climb Aladdin’s Mirror (Grade 1*), then down the Goat Track, to climb back up Jackob’s Ladder (Grade 1*).
- A final bleak day on the foothills of Sgor Gaoith
Author: Phil Newby