Scotland Easter 2008 – Glen Sheil
Scotland – Glen Shiel Easter:
- Went round to Glen Garry to get Spidean Mialach. We had hoped to get a second Munro but sacked it due to very strong winds & blizzard conditions.
- Beinn Fhada – lots of deep snow.
- Carn Ghluasaid, Sgurr nan Conbhairean, Sail Chaorainn. Interesting cornices.
- Western 4 Munros of South Glen Shiel Ridge. We had hoped to do whole ridge but progress was too slow in deep snow. We were concerned about stability of the snow after yesterdays winds and sacked ridge in middle as avalanche risk increased in warm sunshine.
- Beinn Sgritheall – a beautiful winters day.
Author: Phil Newby