GPS Waypoint & Route Formats
The following File Formats are available for ALL Waypoint Lists and for ALL of Phil’s Routes, links are given for further information on each file type & Software.
- GPX .gpx Files are easily imported into most GPS / Mapping software including Memory-Map & Map-Source. The “SatMap GPX” waypoints are also in GPX format but are named with the full hill name rather than a unique 6 character coded abreviation
- GPSU .txt Files This is my particular preference as the lists can be read and edited easily in a text browser in OSGB grid reference format rather than lat / long.
- Google-Earth .kml Files these can be viewed in Google Earth and Google Map Applications
Additionally: Some of the Waypoint lists are also available in the following legacy formats;
- OziExplorer .wpt Files
- Anquet Maps .aef Files
- Gartrip .txt Files files kindly converted & supplied by Malcom Wotton
- MagWay .txt Files
- Magellan DataSave .wpt Files
- Silva GMP .CWP Files files kindly converted & supplied by Ben Thomas